Home > Publication
Publication of Academic Journals
Kyokai Kenkyu (lit. "Border Studies" - a Japanese-language peer-reviewed journal) and Eurasia Border Review (an English-language peer-reviewed journal) are academic publications aimed at integrating studies on Japan and other parts of Eurasia. There are also several outstanding international journals on border studies in Europe and North America. Although journals covering border related studies are published in Russia, India and China, they are confined to individual cases in one country or region, and lack the dynamism of a pan-regional approach. Japan's border issues with neighboring countries have recently attracted increasing interest but no research sections or organizations for border issues have been established. In the globalized international community, there is an increasing recognition of the need to reconsider and review the meaning of borders. Work performed to address this reality is of great significance and our journals respond to the challenge for the publication of comprehensive academic analysis covering border events in Asia and the former Soviet Union.
Kyokai Kenkyu (a Japanese-language peer-reviewed journal)
Eurasia Border Review
(an English-language peer-reviewed journal)
- Vol.8, No.1 (Fall 2017)NEW!!
- Vol.7, No.1 (Fall 2016)
- Vol. 6, No. 1 (Fall 2015)
- Vol. 5, No. 2 (Fall 2014)
- Vol. 5, No. 1 (Spring 2014)
- Vol. 4, No. 2 (Fall 2013)
- Vol. 4, No. 1 (Spring 2013)
- Vol. 3, No. 2 (Fall 2012)
- Vol. 3, Special Issue: China's Post-Revolutionary Borders,
1940s - 1960s (Summer 2012)
- Vol. 3, No. 1 (Spring 2012)
- Vol. 2, No. 1 (Summer 2011)
- Vol. 1, No. 1 (Spring 2010)
Manuscript Submission Guideline is shown on the latest issue page.
- Akihiro Iwashita, Jusen Asuka and Jonathan Bull,eds., "Migration, Refugees and the Environment from Security Perspectives"(Sapporo: SRC, 2018).
- Alexander Izotov, "Soviet Identity Politics and Local Identity in a Closed Border Town, 1944-1991"(Sapporo: SRC, 2016).