The SRC-HOPS Border Studies Summer School will be offering scholarships to qualified students that meet the criteria. The terms and conditions are as follows:
Terms and Conditions:
- Period of summer school: July 25-28, 2016
- Criteria: (1) Applicants must be either post graduate (masters or doctoral) student or post-doctoral junior scholar; (2) Applicants from various disciplinary background (ranging from humanities, social sciences and natural sciences) conducting research related to border studies may apply.
- Scholarship will include: roundtrip airfare (coach class), up to six nights accommodation (you will be responsible for your own meal).
- How to apply: Please fill in the attached application form and send it with your CV to Dr. Naomi Chi (n_chi*hops.hokudai.ac.jp) and Mr. Tetsuro Chida (tetsuroch*slav.hokudai.ac.jp).
- Deadline: April 15th, 2016
- Others: (1) We are planning to have an excursion on the 29th, (this will be optional; transportation will be provided, however, you will be responsible for your own meal), therefore those who wish to participate in the excursion should plan to return on the 30th. Otherwise, participants can return on the 29th; (2) Information regarding the course schedule can be found at: http://src-h.slav.hokudai.ac.jp/ubrj/eng/whats-new/archives/201602/05221.html (4) Successful applicants will be asked to make a presentation on their current research on the last day of the summer school.
- IMPORTANT: (1) Applicants who wish to guarantee their spot at the summer school regardless of the scholarship should apply at the Hokkaido Symmer Institute website by February 28th; (2) Those who will attend the summer school on the condition that they receive the scholarship do NOT have to apply with the above application procedure; please submit your application form following the above method by April 15th, 2016.
For further inquiries, please contact Dr. Naomi Chi (n_chi*hops.hokudai.ac.jp).
(※Please change the * to @ when sending your email. This is to avoid spam mail, thank you.)