|Annual Newsletter of the Slavic Research Center,
, December 1997
||back to INDEX>>|
|From the Director
||Foreign Visiting Fellows
||Our Current Staff
||Exchange Programs with Overseas
|Guest Lectures from Abroad
||Visitors from Abroad
||A day under the colorfol autumn
trees in Takino Park ,Sapporo.
||Boris N. Mironov
||Volodymr A. Potulnytskyj
||Alfred F. Majewicz
The SRC provides: (NB. US$ equivalents vary with fluctuations in the exchange rate).Application Procedure
(1) The awardeeÕs return Economy-Class air fare (Families welcome at participantÕs expense).
(2) A tax-free stipend, dependent on age and career stage, between ´457,000 - ´767,000 ($3,656 - $6,136) a month.
(3) Accommodation, currently at ´7,300 ($58)(single, shared facilities), ´21,000 ($168)(one-bedroom flat), or ´39,000 ($312)(two-bedroom flat) a month.
(4) An office, use of a personal computer, and access to all University (except secretarial) and library services.
(5) ´100,000 ($800) for professional travel in Japan.
(6) Fifteen days' paid leave. National Medical Insurance costs ´1,400 ($11)(single person) - ´2,200 ($18)(family) a month, and covers 70% of medical charges.
back to INDEX>>