- Job Opening: Specially Appointed Associate Professor (Deadline: October 30, 2022)
- SRC Seminar "Суржик в комунікативному просторі України: між мовою і язиком" October 3
- SRC Seminar "On language codes in Ukraine: the case of Suržyk" October 18
- SRC Seminar "Próby rewitalizacji gwar mazurskich jako nowa tendencja w podejściu do polskich gwar ludowych" October 31
- SRC Seminar "Белорусский и русский языки в современной Беларуси: проблемы взаимодействия" November 21
- Sugihara Chiune and the Soviet Union:New Documents, New Perspectives
- Professor David Wolff Named Humboldt Research Award Recipient
We are resolutely opposed to Russia's
assault on Ukraine.
Researchers of the Slavic-Eurasian Research Center, Hokkaido University, are united in our condemnation of Russia's unprovoked military assault on Ukraine, which began on 24 February 2022. We stand with the citizens of Ukraine whose lives and livelihoods have been placed at risk by this invasion, as well as with those brave citizens of the Russian Federation currently voicing their opposition to Russia's actions.
(February 25, 2022)